LANG 3016 will be taken by all Environmental Science students as the final department-based, 1-credit English course. This course focuses on developing Environmental Science students’ ability to produce effective laboratory reports with appropriate organizational structures, vocabulary, language and style.
By the end of this semester, you will be able to…
- understand the key features of a laboratory report
- recognize and use appropriate organizational structures for different sections of a laboratory report
- write with an appropriate academic style and register suitable for laboratory reports to an expert audience
- represent data in appropriate figures and tables and make appropriate reference to these in the text of a report
- use appropriate online resources to develop and maintain lifelong communication skills