This course is designed for students in the Technology Leadership & Entrepreneurship program for the purpose of developing specific entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial communication skills. Students will learn to adjust their message to a variety of corporate stakeholders, namely, to technically savvy audiences, investors, and the general public. Students who fail to fulfill the spoken English language requirement of the University are advised to take LANG 5000 before enrolling for this course.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Conduct audience analysis and practice message targeting for presentations.
- Use general informative and technical Informative presentation skills.
- Make appropriate use of supporting visual material in oral presentations.
- Exhibit skills in referring to empirical data in oral presentations.
- Apply persuasive speaking in communication.
- Develop awareness of cultural differences.