For students of the MSc in Global China Studies. The course aims to develop students’ ability to produce written texts of a range of genres, appropriate to the academic context, and demonstrating adequate control of syntax, lexis and style.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Write a range of academic texts demonstrating appropriate control of syntaz.
- Recognize and produce the essential features of different written genres, including critical reviews, summaries and abstracts.
- Distinguish clearly between facts and opinions and extract salient points in written texts.
- Develop written arguments with reference to different sources.
- Demonstrate critical awareness of accuracy in written English, including texts written by peers.