Business Chinese is a credit bearing elective course designed for UST MBA students of non-Chinese speaking background students.
The course aims to help students develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills for effective communication in a wider range of business settings.
- Understand and engage in conversations in business settings;
- Develop fluency in business Chinese speaking;
- Grasp business terms to function effectively in the workplace;
- Acquire 800+ Chinese vocabulary related to social and business topics;
- Understand the main points of simple business texts and reports (guidelines, product description, advertisements, program schedule, project summary, complain letters, etc.);
- Use standard Chinese to write short letters, notes, and brief reports in business settings.