Undergraduate Students

Credit Transfer

Email a question to the CLE English Course Advice Team.
Year 1 students must take the English Language Proficiency Assessment.
Undergraduate (UG) students are required to complete 12 credits of English.

Students granted credit transfer based on evidence of their English proficiency levels are not required to take the English Common Core Courses.

If you have submitted evidence to the Academic Registry (ARO) and your English proficiency level meets the requirements, you will be granted credit transfer when you register for your programme. Click here to see the qualifications required for credit transfer.

If you do not have any of the qualifications listed, you are strongly advised to take the English Language Proficiency Assessment (ELPA). ELPA performances might be considered for credit transfer purposes.

If you feel that you should be granted credit transfer, you can file an application with ARO (Email: arcreditran@ust.hk; Office: Room 1381; Web site: http://crtran.ust.hk).